At approximately 12:08 a.m. Saturday January 9, 2016 Columbia Fire Co. No. 1 received a call for a chimney fire on Webster Street.
Firefighters on scene quickly determined it was more serious than a chimney fire. Bangor Fire Department was imminently dispatched for assistance.
The residences were able to get out safely, thanks to their smoke detectors.
Firefighters from Columbia, along with mutual aid help from fire departments from Bangor and Pen Argyl, were able to bring the blaze under control quickly and salvage some of the residence personal belongings.
Photo’s provided by Dawn Abbott.